John R Ugo

| map-marker Pittsfield, Michigan

Incident during roof replacement

Updated by user Oct 01, 2023

I contacted Mr. Roof and they gave no response.

Updated by user Oct 01, 2023

I contacted Mr. Roof and they gave no response.

Original review Sep 01, 2023
Hi Shelly, We spoke before regarding the property at 13974 Asbury Park. Im contacting you again regarding the gutters on the home. When the guys were replacing the roof they broke one of the gutters and used chalking to seal it. It was not discovered until I had the gutters cleaned, now it needs replacing because the water from the rain is overflowing. Please get back with me, this issue has impacted my interior windows, and is costing me to have repaired. Best, John
Loss:
Pros:
  • Quick one day service
Cons:
  • Prolonging of follow up service
  • Denying claims
  • Not respecting consumer concerns

Preferred solution: The gutter replaced, inspection of the work, flashings not properly installed, and spaces that that light comes through in the attic. The debris that was found in the down sprout was shingles and nails, which contributed to the gutters backing up.

map-marker Florence, Kentucky

Worst roofer ever

MR ROOF - Worst roofer ever
MR ROOF - Worst roofer ever - Image 2

Manager spoke a great falsehood when he said that "underlayment is not needed over a hip joint." Mr. Roof lied when it promised to "try" to get the job done in one day.

Sending a crew of 5 for 39 squares on a very steep roof with lots of ridges and valleys - is impossible to do in one day. They were on site for 11 hours one day one and 8 hours on day two. At first, they tried to cheat the job by shorting the amount of ice guard specified in the contract. When I pointed out their errors to the project manager; their other gaps in the underlayment at several spots, then Mr.

Roof accused me of interfering. As per picture (early on day two), they ended day one by installing underlayment and shingles all the way to the hip joint and their stated intent was to leave a gap in the underlayment at the hip joint. When I challenged their methods (an event which occurred more than 15 hours into their 19 hours on site), their solution was to pry-up an edge of the shingles they installed on day one and overlap the hip joint, but they overlapped it with just a few ragged inches and it was wrapped in only one direction. To make matters worse, in a complaint filed with the BBB, Mr.

Roof accused me of making assertions I did not make. They accused me of all types of things I never said or did; they responded with vile and vicious falsehoods and deliberate misrepresentations. Mr. Roof did the job incorrectly and dared to point their finger at me!

Their crew worked very hard and very fast - too fast to perform a quality installation. Supervision was virtually non-existent, and the manger is either grossly incompetent and/or just a bold-faced liar. Mr.

Roof charges top-tier pricing, but delivered a sub-standard installation. A very poor value indeed.

Craig C Psa
map-marker Florence, Kentucky

Project manager falsely claimed that no underlayment is needed over a hip joint. Work was very fast and sloppy. Before complaints, they left gaps in ice guard and failed to install

MR ROOF - Project manager falsely claimed that no underlayment is needed over a hip joint. Work...
Also, before complaint, they failed to install a second row of ice guard, contrary to their RoofGuard+ system. Promised to "try" to get job in one day but sent only 5 roofers for a 12-person job. Crew spent 19 hours on site over 2 days and their incompetent general manager still argues that these 5 could possibly have done the work in one day. For 39 squares with a very steep pitch - impossible! MR Roof holds themselves out as top-tier, but they are far from it.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Owens Corning Platinum level installers only

map-marker Greenville, Michigan

No referal money sent

i sent a referal the person went with mr roof 2 months latter im still waiting for my 250 referal money i have other family members wanting new roofs at this point im not refering you to them and the person paid younon

Reschedule

Not good so far just called 5 minutes ago to cancel or reschedule at the very last minute after having been scheduled for a couple weeks i will update but not happy so far

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: I will update

map-marker Muskegon, Michigan

I was not happy

I had a roof done by Mr. Roof and they put the wrong roof vent's on for my type of house after I asked if box vent's were the same as ridge vent's that they said would be the same and work the same they don't know there stuff or lied to me from the start to the end and would not take the blame

User's recommendation: No I would not recommend them

Guest

Agree, I would never use Mr Roof again! Greed! and Deceit is not how a company keep Clients.

map-marker Muskegon, Michigan

I was not happy

No I would never recommend them to do a roof they lied to me from the salesman to the people that looked at my problem blaming it on things that had nothing to do with my problem I ended up redoing my vent's to fix my problem no I would never recommend them
map-marker Cincinnati, Ohio

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERIVCE

DOcHECKI am fed up with Mr. Roof!!!! If you need work done you better THINK TWICE before you call MR. ROOF!!!! They have done nothing but lie to us since we signed the contract. They were aware that we had water dripping into our house. They said once we signed the contract they would schedule the work within 2 weeks. That didn't happen! We signed on June 9th and when we hadn't heard anything back from them by June 25th I called they said they were still waiting on the permit. County shows permit was issued June 19. Then they said they were waiting for materials and wouldn't have them in till July 6th and would start the job. July 6th comes and goes and NO ROOF, NO PHONE CALL. They FINALLY completed the roof. Then came the fiasco with gutters and downspouts. On July 28th they were supposed to start the gutters. NO CALL - NO SHOW. They had an emergency.

They finally came and did a *** job. Totally unacceptable work! Screws hanging out of the gutters, downspouts not attached to anything, downspouts were horribly out of line. Called and they sent somebody out to fix and the guy got mad and kicked the PVC pipe that the downspouts drain into and broke it. The Project Manager Shane came out and said he would make it right. Took the day off work -he was a NO CALL - NO SHOW AGAIN!!! After numerous calls to their office I spoke with the Production Manager (Shane's boss). They called me to schedule the repair for this afternoon. BIG SURPRISE! They had ANOTHER emergency and

the chicken *** Project Manager called my husband to say he had an "emergency" and wasn't going to make it. Didn't have the gonads to call me when I told them I would not go to work to get this resolved. Once again, I called the General Manager who was supposed to call the PM and call me back... Wow you guessed it NO CALL BACK!!! My next step will be to file a complaint with the Department of Business and Professional Regulations, the Better Business Bureau and then get someone out to fix the mistakes and see them in small claims court.

PLEASE save yourself the aggravation and get a reputable roofing company! READ THE REVIEWS FIRST!!!!!

User's recommendation: Use a different roofer!

Bob M Yqg
map-marker Columbus, Ohio

I had a great experience

My experience with Mr Roof has been very positive. They replaced my roof in one day.

Preferred solution: PissedConsumer is a racket.

User's recommendation: Highly recommend

David J Mgg

Repair work leaking.

Rubber roof that Mr. Roof installed 8 years ago started leaking, so they were called to investigate.

I was told that it was not the roof but water was getting behind the vinyl siding and running under the rubber on the roof. They suggested that I have them remove the siding down to the wood and replace. I had new house wrap and new siding installed on the back of the house. This worked for a year but now its leaking again.

Mr.

Roof refuses to send someone out to investigate because it's out of warranty which was only 90 days. I have used this company on three different occasions and have recommended them to others but never again!!!!

Cons:
  • Poor warranty

Preferred solution: Fix the problem

User's recommendation: Use another company!!!!

Guest

Hello, This is Jcreative3000LLC Business owner at 3201 s Edsel Detroit MI 48217 This is / was a complaint against The Mr. Roof company in Ann Arbor Michigan I was recommended to the company by the internet .

So, I called up the Company at 734 709 **** received a representative, from Mr. Roof . Name: Mr. Apsley, Who came out to my business with a multiple bids contact.

I chose the 10 year Guarantee at $5775 with gutters at $910 = total amount $6,685 with taxes included for my business roof, Which is less than 700 sq ft for a Home Business. After, the contractors completed the roof. The Company Contract was paid in full On 11/24/2021. An invoice receipt was given with an 00 Balance.

By Dave Young Representative of: Mr. Roof 3511 E. Ellsworth rd Ann Arbor Michigan 48108. However After, leaving I realized the Company had the wrong Address on the Invoice Receipt .

So, When, I enter my business. I' immediately called: At 2:45pm. Mr Roof company to correct the address information. Repeat: Although I just paid the balance in full.

On 11/24/2021. And called: The same day to inform the company of the inaccurate address on the invoice. I did not receive the correct invoice receipt, Until Dec/28/2021 Although The correct Business name, and address was on the Invoice. Paid in full Receipt.

The company Mr Roof added an extra- $1.885.00 on a paid in full! invoice receipt . So, I called again: While stating: My balance is paid in full . What is going on: ?The company said, - 30 pieces of extra wood were added onto the roof.

I stated: Why, wasn't I told about these 30 extra additions, Before? However I never gave. Mr. Roof, consent to do any additional work.

Now, Understand: The 30 extra pieces of wood. Were not, included in the signed contact. The contact stated: 40 piece of different layers of wood is included in the contract. Signed and agreed on 10/06/2021.

In front of Mr. Roof: Representative: Mr. Apsley. Meanwhile After, several attempts to clear up the matter up.

I spoke to Mr. Roof Representative: Dave Young who stated : He received the Total balance, and produced the paid in full Invoice receipt. While Claiming, He never said, the balance was paid in full. (What)??

Therefore I ask Mr Roof : Dave Young on the 12/28/2021. To send me. An Architectural Graph of the additional pieces of wood, that was placed on the roof. Which, I never received before or during the roof replacement .

and/or I never gave any authorization for the extra wood. So, I stated: Mr Roof company just added An extra 30 piece on a Paid in full invoice. If, your company placed: 30 extra pieces of wood, other than, the 40 pieces of wood, included in the contact. I need to Know, where you placed the 30 pieces of extra wood.

Long story , Short. The Mr Roof Never send out the Requested : Architectural Graph Document. Instead the company send me a Threatening letter, Stating.- If, I did not pay ! The Company would place a Lien on my Business Property.

( A lien is a legal document filed through a local court of law.) Which applies: To a court .: (The company Never received payment for the work. So, the company is asking; The court, to give them the property, for none payment of their work) Which is a bold face Lie! So, I've filed a Charge against Mr Roof company for Falsifying a paid IN FULL invoice receipt . Instead of: The Mr Roof company answering the Compliant, from the Attorney General.

The Mr Company has detrained a law firm Called: Glick , while stating in a document. The business owner, agreed to pay. Mr. Roof Company.

8,570.00 Which, never happen. However, The reason I'm filling, the online Complaint, is to inform the customers to be aware of the Fraudulent tactics. Made by Greed! Mr.

Roof were suppose to be a reliable company! But The company is using fraudulent invoices to receive additional Money from Customers . So, Please check your invoices, before leave their office, for any inaccuracies. Because this company Placed a Wrongful address on an invoice So, they could resend additional charge.

After the invoice was paid in full. However from reading the complaints. I have realized. I am not the only Customer, the Mr Roof Company has deceived.

Therefore The Mr Roof Company must be Stopped! Falsifying invoices are illegal. Not informing a customer of a greater amount is illegal. and filling a frivolous ( No Purpose of value.

) claim, is against the law. Therefore Every thing I have stated: In the written complaint is a affidavit of the truth.

Thank you, for taking my Complaint Jcreative3000llc. 3201 s Edsel Detroit Mi 48217 Jcreative3000@***.com

Guest

They did gutters and were supposed to replace bad wood.and they did not.and I am in Hamilton Ohio.they charged 3628 dollars. Rip off company

View more comments (1)

Salespeople

Definitely pushy that's the way I felt
$20000

Preferred solution: Pushy salesman pushy pushy pushy

Resolved
Wanda F Iwt

Resolved: The company should change their name to *** Roofing Services

Updated by user Jan 15, 2020

I have decided to go ahead and pay the balance. Life is too short

Original review Dec 16, 2019
My mom wanted to have the roof redone on my grandfather's (who passed away in 2012) house that she is now moving into. The roof was old and she wanted to change the color of the shingles to match the new barn she had built.

The first guy that came out (who could be a used car salesman) showed her the color options on shingles. She chose the one that was closest to the color of the barn. The guy quoted the price, when the installers would be there, and other information. The guys showed up and started working on the morning they were supposed to.

I thought it was going well. I didn't pay attention to the color of the shingles. My mom was at the other house she was moving out of packing and cleaning and she came back the next day. Apparently, the wrong color of shingles had been put AND had been noticed by one of the supervisors at the company when the installers went back for the capping for the roof.

Nothing was said until AFTER the job was done. They also put shingles on the tin roof over both the front and back porch. They walked all over the tin and not even a week later the front and back porch started leaking which had NEVER happened before. The Direct TV satellite dish is on the roof because of the location of the house and now it doesn't work because they moved it to work on the roof.

Also, the venting system to vent excess heat and moisture is solar powered and that stated making awful noises after the roof was finished which it had NEVER done before. When my mom came back she didn't pay attention to the color of the roof because she assumed it was right after the amount of money she had already paid out for it. The guy finally called and asked what my mom thought of the roof. She went out and looked while she was on the phone.

She noticed the color was wrong right away. The guy said he was aware and asked if she was okay with that color. She looked at me and she had a look of shock on her face. The guy that came out originally that showed my mom the shingle color options was trying to talk my mom into the color that was "accidentally" put on instead and said it was a more popular color and he had it on his house.

My mom refused that color the first time so why would he have the nerve to ask if she was okay with it. When she was looking at the color and how the roof looked she started noticing edges of shingles that were starting to roll up and that they didn't finish putting all the caps on. They said they were going to send someone to look at it. All the problems still exist and my mom hasn't heard from anyone since.

That's when I decided to go online and check out the reviews for Me. Roof, aka *** Roofing Services, and I saw all the reviews were eerily similar to the one I just wrote. And it's not just this company in Tennessee but it's all over the U.S. It's a shame that they give excuses on preexisting problems instead of doing what most good businesses do which is Inform the customer before covering up the problem giving the customer the chance to get problem fixed and then having the work completed.

Excuses are for children that are afraid to face up to and take responsibility for their actions. So before you hire a company, make sure it's run by adults and read their reviews online.

I hope the BBB will be able to do something about this company that is wreaking havok all over the country so that no one else falls victim. I am so sorry for everyone that already has
Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor customer service
Reason of review:
The whole process was terrible

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Guest

wow...sooo many BAD reviews on Mr Roof, maybe I'll blow them off?

Featured
Frank C Ngw

RUN AWAY

MR ROOF - RUN AWAY
MR ROOF - RUN AWAY - Image 2
Updated by user Oct 06, 2019

They have been in contact with me and did not resolve any issues. They told me pretty much I am out of warranty and that was not code to install a gutter apron.

Expect just 10 years workmanship on their product with a small warranty. We will not use Mr Roof again and we will share our story to everyone so they do not fall victim to their poor quality and poor warranty.

Original review Sep 06, 2019
Poor workmanship lack of communications, failure to install critical roofing material that has now cause home damage.DO NOT USE AND WILL NOT REUSE
Loss:
Pros:
  • Materials are nice when applied correctly
Cons:
  • Extremely poor workmanship
  • Poor customer service
  • Poor warranty
Bad quality

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

map-marker Roseville, Michigan

Dont back up their serve lies they do call cause they didnt put my vents back in told me i didnt need them called several times lies lies lies rude and not polite actually ***

guys were right 7 later a got a problem lifetime warrenty my *** noone cant help you rude and ***
Patricia h Lpw
map-marker West Chester Township, Ohio

Withholding refund

We had a sales person,Ryan, come take pictures and give us an estimate. I paid half of the estimate as a deposit. A couple of weeks later the crew showed up. Said they never saw Ryan’s pictures but had a work order. And told me the pictures are worthless because sales people never know what needs to be done. Crew foreman shows up later while crew sitting in truck waiting and after inspection of roof says a whole different thing needs to be done. Also tells us of work needed on chimney not involved in the house leak. Tempers rose and crew left without any work being done. After numerous calls and emails I got a refund of all but $100 which finance person said was being withheld for work performed. I but no work was performed.
Problems with payment

Preferred solution: Full refund

Dayron Yuh

Ahhh yes Ryan. We are having a problem getting our deposit back now however we cancelled within the 3 business days allowed!

agree

View more comments (1)
Gary B Hnw

Overpriced and mediocre quality.

Was told my out of pocket cost would be less than one thousand dollars. That was a lie, it was more than double that. They also bent the gutter and drip rail is sticking out in one place. Do not trust them.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Only took 1 day
Pricing issue

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article